How to use the Forex calculator
- Choose the instrument from the dropdown list.
- Specify the lot size (not less than 0.01).
- Choose the leverage value.
- Choose the account base currency.
- Click "Calculate".
The calculation results are displayed below the calculator.
- Server - by using this calculator, you can obtain data for ECN, Prime, and Pro accounts.
- Contract Size - this is the size of your position in the base currency, taking into account the lot value you have chosen.
- Point Value - the cost of one pip in the account currency.
- Spread - the spread value in pips and the account currency.
- Swap Short/Swap Long - swap values in pips and the account currency.
- Margin - the amount of funds in the account currency that are required to maintain an open position.
- Commission - the commission amount charged on ECN and Prime accounts.
If you want to make changes to the initial numbers, simply specify the other values and click "Calculate" again.
Please note that:
- The Trading calculator allows you to calculate only 1 transaction at a time.
- Calculation for CFD instruments is not available.
- Every week, on the night of Wednesday to Thursday, the overnight commission for Forex Currency pairs and Metals is tripled. The Trading calculator does not take this factor into account.
- Locked positions are not taken into account for margin calculations.
- Parameters calculated in the Trading calculator are of indicative nature only, and may differ from the actual numbers that can be seen in the MetaTrader 4/5 terminals.